The New England VMware User Group Winter Warmer is an event I’ve been looking forward to for a while. I’ve heard a lot of good things from this and the one during the summer over the years. Unfortunately I’ve never been able to attend one in the past, so this will be my first VMUG ever.
So since this is my first VMUG, I’m not quire sure what to expect. Greg Stuart did an excellent post on what the VMUG is and what to expect from it. Just like it says in his blog post, I expect to be bombarded with a wealth of knowledge from people who are very passionate about virtualization. I’m also looking forward to tech demos and hands on labs from the sponsoring vendors that make this event possible. The event schedule is as follows:
- 08:00 a.m. Registration and Networking
- 09:00 a.m. What Oracle DBAs need to know about Virtualization
- Cloud: vCloud Director Deep Dive: Paul Lembo/Chris Colotti
- Healthcare: ISV Case Study : Scott Carpenter
- 10:00 a.m. Building Your Cloud Infrastructure with VMware
- 11:00 a.m. Scott Davis; VMW End User Computing Innovations for 2012
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 01:30 p.m. Breakout Session 1
- 02:00 p.m. Breakout Session 2
- 03:00 p.m. Breakout Session 3
- 04:30 p.m. Happy Hour / Giveaways
- Sponsor Expo is open all day.
This looks like a very full day and I expect it to be very busy. You can register for the event here and keep and eye out for Matt Brender and myself as we may be recording interviews for an “I Tech Therefore I Tool Around” podcast. See you there!